Skip to content
- “C-Span Book Discussion on Don’t Hurry Me Down To Hades.” Dr. Ural discusses her book Don’t Hurry Me Down to Hades: Soldiers and Families in America’s Civil War. To watch, CLICK HERE.
- “C-Span Book Discussion on Hood’s Texas Brigade in 1863” by Pamplin Historical Park in Petersburg, VA as part of their annual Civil War Symposium, features Dr. Ural discussing Confederate General John Bell Hood’s Texas Brigade in 1863. She tracks the units progression during the war and uses the soldiers’ own words to convey their thoughts about the mid-point of the Civil War. To watch, CLICK HERE.
- C-Span, “The Irish Brigade at Fredericksburg.” As part of the 150th anniversary celebrations of the Battle of Fredericksburg with the National Park Service, Fredericksburg Area Museum, and the University of Mary Washington, Dr. Ural discusses the role the Irish Brigade played in the battle. To watch, CLICK HERE.
- Lectures in History by C-Span, “Election of 1860 and Secession.” Dr. Ural gives a lecture on the presidential election of 1860 and the following secession by southern states. To watch, CLICK HERE.
- Civil War Monitor “Behind the Lines: Interview with Susannah J. Ural.” Dr. Ural discusses how this book looks at a different narrative of the Civil War. To watch, CLICK HERE.
- “Battle of Ball’s Bluff” as part of “The Battle of Ball’s Bluff and the Committee on the Conduct of War” as part of the 29th annual summer conference on the Civil War Institute at Gettysburg College. Dr. Ural discusses the legacy of the Union loss during the Battle of Ball’s Bluff near Leesburg, VA in October 1861. To watch, CLICK HERE.
- “Harp and Eagle: Irish American Volunteers and the Union Army, 1861-1865.” In this video, Dr. Ural discusses her book The Harp and the Eagle as part of the Perspectives in Military History Lecture Series at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center. To watch, CLICK HERE.
- “Book Discussion on Fighting for the Confederacy” as part of the 29th annual summer conference of the Civil War Institute at Gettysburg College, “Mobilizing for War and the Battle of First Manassas Bull/Run.” Dr. Ural joins a panel discussion on Edward Porter Alexander’s memoir Fighting for the Confederacy that described his experiences and observations during the Civil War. To watch, CLICK HERE.
- “Mark Grimsley’s The Hard Hand of War” panel discussion on the featured book of the 2012 Civil War Institute Summer Conference at Gettysburg College. Dr. Ural joins a discussion on Mark Grimsley’s book The Hard Hand of War; Union Military Policy Toward Southern Civilians, 1861-1865. To watch, CLICK HERE.